My Scanner Darkly
The human brain is amazing...once everyday, for the past four years i think I've lost my cell-phone...and then realize i checked the wrong pocket...
I don't know why i just wrote that....I heard it on an episode of Scrubs i think. See this is what happens when you spend almost all your time in front of the computer...the creativity just seeps out of you...until you are nothing more than a catchphrase spewing idiot who has a lopsided view of the world and the people in it.
Its happening these days especially that whenever i start to have conversations with people, i start associating situations in real life to the ones i saw in some film or tv series. Randomly I'll blurt out a quote or some reference that no-one really has a clue about.
Sometimes I'm lucky enough to be talking to people who have a slight idea of how messed up i am and i get away with it...the other times i manage to jack up the 'crazy-meter' just a notch higher. Theres really no cure for me...unless of course i stop watching so many films/tv series but that sounds ludicrous. I cant just quit cold turkey...I'd never survive a day! But things need to change.
*digression*
Anyhoo i'm glad to be writing in my own blog again...and starting the post titles with "My". The vivas are gonna start this week and as usual i haven't started studying anything. I have four...yes count four tests tomorrow( or today)...and all i can think of is what the motive of that Juliet is...you know, the one from LOST!
*and we're back*
Oh yeah...about the change. Starting tomorrow..that is 17/4/2007, I'm gonna limit the hours of computer usage to 4...no 5 hours per day. This will NOT include the time spent on comp to do project work...(please i need this!). I will make a time table for my studying and stick to it. Also i'm gonna limit my junk food intake, coz those things are starting to mess with my health. Enough said now...don't wanna set goals that i cant achieve...gonna take things one step at a time and try to make some sense of my life...OK that I'm sure was from a movie or something. One step and making sense ...so dramatic isn't it?
By the way..its theres this quote from A Scanner Darkly...i just cant get it out of my head!!
'Because if the scanner sees only darkly, the way I myself do, then we are cursed, cursed again and like we have been continually, and we'll wind up dead this way, knowing very little and getting that little fragment wrong too....'

No comments:
Post a Comment